IQ Air GC MultiGas Air Purifier
"The GC MultiGas is the ideal system for people who are concerned about high levels of Formaldehyde, VOCs, Chemicals, and Odors. It's four “gas stage” filter cartridges put the highest-quality granulated carbon and potassium permanganate impregnated alumina pellets to work against a wide range of gases, odors, and chemicals. The “gas stage” filters utilize two-stages, Adsorption and Chemisorption, to remove pollutants. It is also effective at removing the lung irritant Ozone.
The GC MultiGas also has HEPA filtration. The H11 HyperHEPA filter delivers a minimum Total System Efficiency of 99% for particles 0.3 microns and larger and 95% for ultrafine particles down to 0.003 microns. Some air purifiers claim to be effective against gases. Others claim to be effective against particles, but the IQAir GC MultiGas integrates the best of both technologies together into a single system that provides superior filtration of gases and particles.
This is the #1 rated air purifier for those with multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS)."
- For reduction of a wide-range or specific gaseous chemicals and odors
- Maximum coverage: up to 1125 sq. ft. (2 air changes/hr)
- Certified HyperHEPA filtration efficiency proven to remove at least 99% of particles larger than 0.3 microns and 95% of particles larger than 0.003 microns
- 6 fan speeds (40 cfm to 300 cfm)
- Quiet operation from 25dB to 59dB
- Intelligent LED filter life monitor based on actual use and speed setting
- Remote control (batteries included)
- Daily programmable timer for Monday - Sunday
- Advanced 3D UltraSeal design eliminates air leakage Total System Efficiency guaranteed
- Each unit is individually tested and certified for performance efficiency before it leaves the factory in Switzerland
- CSA rated for continuous operation under applicable UL and CSA standards, BSMI
- Designed for use in residential or commercial environment
- Certified Ozone-free by the IAACM
- Swiss Made
The game-changing performance of the GC™ MultiGas begins with the quality of the activated bituminous-coal carbon in its gas-phase filtration cartridges. This is not the lower-cost, high-dust carbon from coconut shells that many others settle for. That's good news if you're allergic to coconut. IQAir uses only the highest grade, exceptionally porous bituminous coal for its activated carbon. And IQAir does not use zeolite, another less effective and less expensive filtration medium. The GC™ MultiGas features only the highest-quality adsorption media available. The superior activated carbon media in the GC™ MultiGas is blended with chemisorbers that target other volatile organic compounds in the air, including formaldehyde. IQAir activated carbon in the GC™ MultiGas system is complemented by pelletized aluminum oxide. The alumina pellets are impregnated with potassium permanganate, forming a powerful combination to protect you beyond activated carbon alone.
100 Gas masks.
The GC MultiGas packs the chemical removal power of more than 100 gas masks into its filter cartridges.
Highest amount of micropores:
The activated carbon used in IQAir GC™ MultiGas filter cartridges is activated in a way to preserve the maximum nimber of micropores. Only these very smallest pores in carbon filtration media are effective in removing odors and chemicals from the air you breathe, and IQAir's filters contain the maximum micropore coverage to help protect your health.
- Mold spore control
- Pet dander control (cat, dog, etc.)
- House dust mite allergen control
- Pollen control
- Volatile Organic Compound control
- Molecular (gaseous chemical) control
- Pet odors
- Musty odors
- Cooking odors
- Paint odors
- General indoor air pollution control
- Tobacco smoke control
- Wild-fire smoke control
- 5 Year Warranty
- Swiss Made
Tech Specs: General Specifications
- Power requirements: 100-120 V, 50/60 Hz
- Energy consumption, 6 fan speeds*
- Dimensions: H 28" x W 15" x D 16" (H 71 x W 38 x D 41 cm)
- Weight, system incl. filters: 44 lbs. (20 kg)
- Air delivery, incl. filters, 6 fan speeds*: 40, 75, 130, 170, 200, 300 cfm (70, 130, 220, 290, 340, 510 m³/h)
- Fan motor: centrifugal, backward curved, with thermal protector, non-stop use approved
- Control panel: 4-key touch-pad 2-line LCD.
- Air intake: dual arches at base of system
- Air outlet: 320° EvenFlow™ diffuser
- Color of main housing / locking arms: light gray / blue
- Housing material: non-offgasing, impact-resistant, UV-stabilized ABS
- Operating temperature / humidity: 41° to 104° F (5° to 40°C) / 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Electrical safety certification: CSA rated for continuous operation under applicable UL and CSA standards, BSMI
- Warranty: 5 years (residential use), 1 year (commercial use) on parts and labor (excluding filters)
- Total system efficiency (certified): ≥ 99% for particles ≥ 0.3 microns (individually tested), ≥ 95% at ≥ 0.003 microns
- Air delivery (certified): yes (individually tested with all filters fitted)
- Leak tested: yes
- GC HEPA Pre-Filter H11 (S)
- Purpose: control of coarse, fine & ultra-fine dust particles; protection of subsequent filters
- Media: non-woven glass microfiber HEPA filter, non-offgasing separators
- Efficiency: ≥ 99% at ≥ 0.3 microns (EN 1822 class H11)
- Surface area: 32 sq. ft. (3.0 m²)***
- Average filter life: approx. 12 months (based on average daily usage of 10h on speed 3)****
Gas & odor filter
- GC Filter Cartridge Set
- Purpose: control of a wide range or specific chemical substances and odors
- Media: 12 lbs. (5.4 kg) granular activated carbon & impregnated alumina (AC/4 + IA/4)
- Average filter life: approx. 2 ½ years (based on average daily usage of 10h on speed 3)
- GC Post-Filter Sleeve Set
- Purpose: control of fine & ultra-fine particulate matter
- Media type: electrostatically charged fiber
- Surface area: 5.4 sq.ft. (0.5 m²)***
- Average filter life: approx. 2 ½ years (based on average daily usage of 10h on speed 3)****
- Display languages: 4 user-selectable languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Intelligent filter life monitor: yes (monitors actual usage of each individual filter), 3 filter life status LEDs
- Advanced timer: yes (allows programming of operating hours and weekdays)
- Advanced fan speed selection: yes (allows programming of different fan speeds for 2 different time periods)
- Supplied accessories: remote control (incl. battery), power cord with plug, deluxe casters, certificate of performance
- Optional accessories: FlexVac & VM FlexVac mobile & wall-mounted source capture kits, InFlow& OutFlow positive/negative pressure duct kits, PF40 coarse dust pre-filter,VMF wall-mount bracket.
* per fan speed measured at 120V, 60Hz; tolerance: ± 10% (± 6 cfm);
** tolerance: ± 3 dB(A);
*** tolerance: ± 10%
**** filter life can vary based on actual usage and pollution levels All technical specifications are subject to change without prior notice.